~ Call for Proposals ~
2nd Round of the BCEC Video Wall
The deadline for proposal submissions is 11:59 pm Sunday, November 3rd, 2019
As part of our ongoing Art on the Marquee Program the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority and Boston Cyberarts is issuing its second call for media art for display on the video wall inside the front entrance of the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center. We are looking for 60-second videos, animations or computer generated work, using the entire Video Wall in colorful and creative ways.
- We are looking for proposals for 60-second videos, animations, or computer-generated motion works that push the creative limits of this 160 foot three-channel video wall. There is no theme.
- For the initial proposal, artists will submit a description of their proposed project, along with jpg images that show the arrangement of content on screens.
- This is a 160 foot long screen providing full-motion video. It is twelve feet tall and is composed of a 10mm high-definition LED video center section that is 59’3″ long and two 16mm low-definition LED video sections on either side that are each 50′ wide. Note that the resolution of the screens decrease as you look out from the center panel.
- The final content will need to be created in an After Effects template, which we will provide.
- Eligibility is limited to artists who live in Massachusetts.
- It is recommended that you visit the BCEC before submitting, in order to grasp the full potential of the Marquee.
How to Apply
Applications are due at 11:59 PM Sunday, November 3rd, 2019. APPLY NOW through our online submission form.
- Brief description of proposed work (500 words maximum)
- Images of arrangement of content on screens (one or more jpgs, or storyboard layout in sketch format or other illustration). Submit as a single file (.zip, .pdf, .jpg, etc.)
- Links to online video samples (up to 2 samples, 1 minute each). These can be past moving image work, or a mockup of what you plan for the Video Wall. Samples must be online (You Tube and Vimeo are acceptable)
- CV/Resume (upload as .pdf)
Boston Cyberarts and MCCA will review applications and award up to ten exhibition opportunities for the BCEC Video Wall. Selection of work is based foremost upon artistic excellence. We are particularly interested in works that push the limits of the 3 screens as a display platform while also creating dynamic engaging content for the public. Artists will receive $500 for their media art. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Apply now through our ONLINE SUBMISSION FORM by 11:59 PM Sunday, September 8th, 2019