~ Call for Proposals for the 29th Round of Art on the Marquee ~
The deadline for proposal submissions is 11:59 pm Sunday, September 8th, 2019
The Massachusetts Convention Center Authority (MCCA) and Boston Cyberarts are issuing the 29th call for media art to display on the Marquee at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center.
- We are looking for proposals for 30-second videos, animations, or computer-generated motion works that push the creative limits of this 80-foot, seven-screen, three-sided LED sculpture. There is no theme
- For the initial proposal, artists will submit a description of their proposed project, along with jpg images that show the arrangement of content on screens.
- There are many features of the Marquee to take advantage of, so please familiarize yourself with the technical specifications outlined in the Marquee’s Content Creation Guidelines before submitting your proposal.
- Note: Motion content is no longer allowed on the bottom screens. Artwork can have motion on the upper section of the marquee and then either one static 30 second image on the bottom sections or 3 different static images each playing for 10 seconds. Also cuts only, no dissolves or fades.
- The final content will need to be created in an After Effects template, which we will provide.
- Eligibility is limited to artists who live in Massachusetts.
- It is recommended that you visit the BCEC before submitting, in order to grasp the full potential of the Marquee.
How to Apply
Applications are due at 11:59 PM Sunday, September 8th, 2019. APPLY NOW through our online submission form.
- Brief description of proposed work (50 words maximum, see website for examples)
- Images of arrangement of content on screens (one or more jpgs, or storyboard layout in sketch format or other illustration). Submit as a single file (.zip, .pdf, .jpg, etc.)
- Links to online video samples (up to 2 samples, 1 minute each). These can be past moving image work, or a mockup of what you plan for the Marquee. Samples must be online (You Tube and Vimeo are acceptable)
- CV/Resume (upload as .pdf)
Boston Cyberarts and MCCA will review applications and award up to ten student exhibition opportunities for the BCEC Marquee. Selection of work is based foremost upon artistic excellence. We are particularly interested in works that push the limits of the 7 screens as a display platform while also creating dynamic engaging content for the public. Artists will receive proper credit for their media art. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
About the Marquee
The 80-foot-tall Marquee offers more than 3,000 square feet of display area on 7 screens, providing full-motion video capability and is viewed by more than 100,000 pedestrians and motorists daily. This stunning icon is visible for half a mile in many directions, and is seen by traffic on Summer, D, and Congress Streets as well as from the surrounding hotels, office buildings and the Seaport World Trade Center.
Apply now through our ONLINE SUBMISSION FORM by 11:59 PM Sunday, September 8th, 2019